● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through
WINGS ● We Include everyone ● Never Give Up, have a ● Growth Mindset to ● Soar off to college
- Shout out to Ms. Bernazzani, Ms. Bates, Mr. Thorburn, Mrs. Gentile, Ms. Miller, Mrs. Cortez, Mrs. Gallegos, Ms. Morris, Mrs. Trujillo, and Mr. Roel for committing and following through with your grade level teams and helping to role out our first PLC on Problem Solving / Conflict Resolution!
- Shout out to Mrs. Haro and Mrs. Perezchica for committing and following through with our students by creating a purposeful &welcoming environment. Shout for also helping our staff learn more about the services you offer on a day to day basis & creating a universal screener to help guide the services you provide for all of our students.
1) Mrs. Trujillo’s class works on an Escape Room on the Columbian Exchange 2) EduAbroad Buddies for the week 3) DAC/ELAC Committee Members after their meeting on Eureka strategies
- Attendance Matters: Don’t forget that if you are the attendance VIP winner for the week, you will get to take your students out to recess 5 minutes early! Your students will also enjoy an ice cream treat at the VIP lunch table on Friday!
- Girls on the Run: Grades 3-8, please remember to show your students the Girls on the Run video:
- QR Code Scanner: Did you know that your students’ iPad camera works as a QR code scanner? You no longer need another app, just hold the QR Code over the camera and a pop-up will show at the top of the screen.
- GreatMinds Website: This past week, one of our parent committees met and learned about using the GreatMinds website which has online videos and PDF resources. They also learned about how to solve multiplication problems using the area model. Check out the GreatMinds Website!
- Headphones Inventory: We will be doing headphone inventory over the next few weeks. Please make sure you know where your headphones are in your classroom so that our IAs can come in and do a count of each classroom.
- Must Do’s and May Do’s: Please check out the attached PDF showing a list of possible Must Do’s and May Do’s for your reading and math rotations as well as a summary describing the best usage of our reading programs.
- App Requests: If you would any apps installed on your iPad devices, please email Heather Galyen and Roel Mislan so they can get those installed on your devices.
- On the Blog: This week’s blog post is focusing on two parts of digital citizenship – website credibility (with a lesson for students to complete) and understanding the power of our words even when we are online. Read the full post here.
- Social Media and YouTube: Don’t forget to give Feaster Charter a follow on our social media accounts:
Week at a Glance
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
- 9/2 – Labor Day NO SCHOOL
- 9/5 – FCMS Q1 Pep Rally