● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through
WINGS ● We Include everyone ● Never Give Up, have a ● Growth Mindset to ● Soar off to college
- Shout out to Ms. Ana Mercado, Mr. Reggie, Mr. Samaniego, Mr. Thorburn, and Mr. Velasco, for Committing and Following Through by creating an awesome float and representing Feaster at the Starlight Parade!
- Shout out to our Girls on the Run Coaches, Heart and Soul Coaches, and to everyone who supported along the way for committing and following through by training and running a 5K today!
- Shout out to our Parent Involvement Committee and our Custodians for Keeping all Staff and Every Student in Mind by organizing and hosting another successful Kermes! An extra shout out to Alex for fixing the garden bench 🙂 .
- Shout out to Ms. Perezchica for including students in helping us finish our rock garden.
- Shout out to Mrs. Karin Dycaico for always being a model of our 3 Core Values: Having a Growth Mindset, Keeping all Staff & Every Student in Mind, and Committing & Following Through. Mrs. Dycaico, thank you for your years of service, we wish you a wonderful retirement! Please come back and visit us soon!
📸Pictures: Bobcat from 3rd Grade Wax Museum; (2) Tomatoes from Feaster Farm; (3) #FeasterDI Ts
- Yearbook Cover Contest: Don’t forget to have your class vote for this year’s yearbook cover design! Voting will be closed on Tuesday, December 10th at 3:00 PM!
- Read Naturally: On Friday, you should have received a packet of Read Naturally passages with a QR code on them! These can be used for fluency and reading comprehension strategies. By scanning the QR code using the camera on the iPad, students will be directed to a link that will read the passage aloud to them. Extra copies of any completed Read Naturally QR code files can be found in room 401 or by emailing Heather.
- Backing Up Your Computer: Don’t forget to periodically back up all of the files on your computer! This will save a lot of grief and trouble in the future if anything should happen to your device! Check out our Feaster Charter Youtube video showing how to back up your computer using OneNote and OneDrive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3MPSoM0Mec&list=PLzHzLY9HdT2NTmtStvoQQDhTxd7EN9TV& index=3&t=140s
- How are your students using their devices: We have been collecting information about how students are using their devices. We have been using screen time to see how long students are spending on their devices daily and to see what apps are most commonly used! You can check your student devices as well by:
- Go to settings
- Scroll to where you see Screen Time
- Check out the data and click around
- If screen time is turned off, you can turn it on from this screen as well, please choose “this is my iPad” if setting up screen time
- Imagine Math Parent Portal (see attached PDF): your parents can set up their own password which is linked to their student’s Imagine Math account! This would be great to share with your families during conferences especially if you are assigning Imagine Math for homework!
- iPad Needs: If there is an issue with a student iPad, please either email Heather and Roel or send them to the Media Center in room 903. Students should not just be using a different iPad, they should only be using the device that was assigned to them.
- On the Blog: This week’s blog shares some resources that could be used during your conferences at the end of the quarter –https://feastercharter.wordpress.com/2019/12/08/parent-teacher-conferences-12-2019/
Week at a Glance
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
- 12.16-12.20 Minimum Days for parent conferences
- 12.16 Rob Thorsen Jazz Quartet
- 12.18 Dr. Villanueva School Visit