● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through
WINGS ● We Include everyone ● Never Give Up, have a ● Growth Mindset to ● Soar off to college
- Shout out to Mrs. Trujillo, Mr. Hill, Mr. Fraser and Ms. Galyen for committing and following through as they continued to promote our college-going culture by taking our 8th-grade students to visit colleges in Los Angeles County on an extended day field trip.
- Shout out to Mr. Roel & Ms. Galyen for committing and following through by presenting to our charter board on Wednesday night to highlight all the technology our students use!
- Shout out to Ms. Denisse Garcia for committing and following through to ensure that all our 3rd graders get tested for GATE! Even though there were a few unexpected interruptions, all students will be tested before we go on Thanksgiving break!
📸Pictures:(1) Board is presented with the Apple Distinguished School Award (2) 8th Graders visit UC Irvine. (3) Dr. Mendes presents to teachers at PD
- On the Blog: This week’s blog post is a reflection of our Ernie Mendes PD. Read the entire post here: https://feastercharter.wordpress.com/2019/11/17/ernie-mendes-pd-reflection/
- New and Dropped Students: If you have a new student or if you have a student who has dropped, please let Heather and Roel know so that they can either collect the student iPad or they can get you an additional iPad for your new student.
- Counseling Grief Group: Don’t forget to send home the Grief Group flyer shared by Ms. Haro earlier this week, this is a great program that can be very powerful for students who need support with a loss.
- Yearbook Cover Contest: This Friday is the last day to turn in submissions for the yearbook cover contest! Don’t forget to remind your students to get their artwork turned in by this Friday!
- 6th Grade Camp: Our sixth graders will be at Camp Marston in Julian. They will leave Monday morning and return on Friday afternoon.
- Feaster iBook: Feaster Charter’s iBook has been published in the iBook store! Check it out here: https://books.apple.com/us/book/feaster-charter-school-ibook/id1487167315
Week at a Glance
After-School Duty: 4th Grade
** Q2 Character Strengths: Curiosity & Self Control (School Work)**
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
- 11.25.19 – 11.29.19 Thanksgiving Break!
- 12.5.19 Winter Kermes