● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through
WINGS ● We Include everyone ● Never Give Up, have a ● Growth Mindset to ● Soar off to college
- Shout out to Ms. Ibarra, Ms. Richardson, Ms. Guerrero, Ms. Chavez, Ms. Vazquez, Mrs. Macelod, and Mrs. Hernandez for committing and following through as they helped to administer the ELPAC pilot assessment to 100 students over the last two weeks!
- Shout out to our DI teachers and Vanessa Macias, Irazu Noguez, Sulay Villanueva, Laura Macias, Leticia Carachure, Judith Alvarez, and Laura Arriaga (DI Parents) for committing and following through in helping to put together the Dia de los Muertos altar!
- Shout out to Ms. Blanco, Ms. Tellez, Ms. Olocco, Ms. Rodriguez, Mr. Thorburn, Ms. Calvadores, Ms. Silva, Ms. Cody, Ms. Young, Ms. Guerrero, Ms. Boolen, Mr. Fraser, Ms. Rivaldi, Ms. Quezada and Dr. Motsinger for planning our Fall Festival for our students, parents, and community.
📸Pictures:(1) Dia De Los Muertos Altar (2) Middle School students playing the drums in Mr. Pandis music class (3) Feaster Soft Ball Team
- Staff Picture: Thanks to everyone who made it out for the 2019/2020 staff picture! We know how tough it is to get everyone together especially with tutoring and other after school commitments!
- Daylight Savings Time: The clocks went back an hour this weekend! This means that your classroom clocks may be off by an hour. If this is the case, here are instructions describing how to change the time:
- Hold the “set” button down until the display flashes
- Click “set” until you see the hour, then click the plus button until it gets to the hour you need
- Click “set” until you see the minute, then click the plus button until it gets to the minutes you need
- Click “set” until your display shows DST, make sure this is turned off
- Incentive Tickets: We have seen some super creative ways to carry your incentive tickets around! Some teachers are placing them in plastic bags and pinning them to their keychain, other teachers have found a hard plastic case and attached that to their keyring! We hope that you are enjoying celebrating the success of our learners with these incentive cards!
- iPad Updates: This weekend, your iPad devices should have been updated to the newest iOS. Please remember that this means your students will have access to “dark mode.” Exciting news though, with the update, we are able to disable private browsing mode!! 🙂
- CVESD Student Page: If your student is having issues logging onto the single sign-on apps, please have them use the “Office 365” link as circled below:
Week at a Glance
After-School Duty: 3rd Grade ** Q2 Character Strengths: Curiosity & Self Control (School Work)**
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
- 11.11.19 – Veterans Day
- 11.12.19 – ELAC Committee Meeting – Math Strategies for Parents
- 11.13.19 – ILT Session #2 Training (Leads Out)