● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through
WINGS ● We Include everyone ● Never Give Up, have a ● Growth Mindset to ● Soar off to college
- Shout out to the Student and Teacher Motivation Committee for keeping all staff and every student in mind and organizing an outstanding Red Ribbon Spirit Week, which included a door decorating contest which runs through October 31st!
- Shout out to Mrs. Macleod, Mrs. Hernandez and Dr. Sleiman for having a growth mindset as they worked with every grade level team on campus during their extended planning day to prep and customize Eureka Math lessons!
📸Pictures:(1) Red Ribbon Week!! (2) Cooking during electives utilizing the Sage Garden Grant Lessons!
- Open Enrollment: Open Enrollment will be available until 11/12019. To update your benefits, see the information in the envelope that was placed in your box earlier this month.
- Open Enrollment Website: https://www.afenroll.com/Enroll/login.aspx?ts=637074249677212231
- Login Information:
- Username: Employee ID Number (can be found on your paystub) or your social security number
- Password: Last four of your social security number and the last two of your birth year (for example, if your SSN is 123-45-6789 and you were born in 1980, your password would be 678980).
- Imagine Math Weekly Emails: You can opt-in for weekly reports to be sent to your email. These reports will show how much time your students are spending on Imagine Math each week!
- Login to Imagine Math
- Go to “Usage” under “Reports”
- At the top right corner of the screen, turn on “Subscribe to Weekly Emails”
- Imagine Math Facts: If you have set up your Imagine Math Facts so that students must complete each category in a certain order (ie Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division), they must complete the post-test with 90% accuracy before they are able to move to the next level.
- SmartyAnts: The issues we were seeing with SmartyAnts and the updated iOS 13 have been resolved! You can update your classroom devices as you see fit, or you can email Heather and ask her to update all of your student devices.
- Updating iPad Devices: When devices are updated to iOS 13 and up, there is a mode called “Dark Mode” that turns everything that was a lighter color into a dark grey color. Please be aware that when students are in dark mode, it is much harder to tell when they are searching on a private browser. The private browsing search bar is black and the standard browsing is a dark grey color. Please have a conversation with your students about leaving their devices on standard browsing mode.
- Headphones with PTO: K-2 teachers were recently provided with a class set of headphones. If you have a student who has mistreated their headphones and they are no longer working, we do have extra pairs available for purchase in the ASB store for $5/each.
- Send the student to the ASB store after school with $5
- They will get a receipt to bring to the media center
- They will be given a new set of headphones
- Locking Doors: Our classrooms are full of valuable items including our own personal items like wallets and purses. Please make sure that if you are not in your room that your door is closed and locked. We also want to make sure that students are only in classrooms when there is a teacher present, by locking your door when you are not in your classroom, students will know not to enter.
- iPad Devices on Sale for Staff on 10/30: Immediately following our staff picture, iPad2 devices will be on sale in the Media Center. We will be selling to the community during the Fall Family Festival on 10/31.
- On the Blog this Week: Read all about using social media in the classroom and learn how the benefits of sharing your amazing work! Read the entire post by visiting this link: http://bit.ly/FCSSocialMediainClassrooms
Week at a Glance
After-School Duty: RSP & Counseling **
Q2 Character Strengths: Curiosity & Self Control (School Work)**
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
- 11.5.19 Onsight Clinic