● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through
WINGS ● We Include everyone ● Never Give Up, have a ● Growth Mindset to ● Soar off to college
- Shout out to Ms. Galyen, Ms. Acuna, & PTO for Keeping all Staff & Every Student in Mind by leading and organizing Feaster’s Food4Kids program. 50 of our Feaster families will receive a backpack full of free food every two weeks!
- Shout out to Ms. Haselton and Mr. Fraser Keeping our Middle School Students in Mind by organizing an outstanding Pep Rally! We had a little under 200 middle school students participating in games and showing a lot of Falcon Spirit!
- Shout out to Coach Guglielmo and Coach Leslie for presenting at Feaster’s Board Meeting last Wednesday! Our Charter Board was impressed with the quality of programs that we offer our kiddos! Thank you for highlighting all of our Coaches and our Programs!
📸Pictures:(1) The adorable Freya from the SD Humane Society visiting students from Ms. Morris’ class while they learn more about what Humane Societies do and how they help our community (2) Ss practicing HFW as they enter Mrs. Kirkpatrick’s classroom after snack! (3) MS Ss enjoying their Quarterly Pep Rally (4) Coach Leslie + Feaster Cheerleaders presenting at our Board Meeting
- Imagine Math (PDF – SEE ATTACHMENT) The Imagine Math team set up instructions showing teachers how to assign standards to small groups of students. See the attached PDF for detailed instructions.
- Feaster Farm Tours: You are invited to join us on Tuesday at 3:00 PM in the front office for a tour of the Feaster Farm areas!
- iPad2 Sales for Staff: On Wednesday, October 30th, we will be selling iPad2 devices to staff members only. The iPad2’s are best for wifi because a lot of the apps available on the iTunes store are no longer supported. Sales will start in the media center at 3:00.
- Apple Distinguished School: We are excited to announce that our Apple Distinguished School recognition has been renewed! We have received distinguished status for 2019 – 2022. You can see our iBook here: https://books.apple.com/us/book/feaster-charter-school/id1314612310
- Becoming an Apple Certified Teacher: Are you interested in becoming an Apple Certified Teacher? Check out this optional, free certification here https://www.apple.com/education/apple-teacher/
- Chrome Browser: We have noticed a lot of teachers who are having trouble logging on to the CVESD websites when they are using their computers. We have found that if you use Chrome, there are fewer errors or glitches when trying to login to the CVESD websites. If you are getting any errors on the CVESD website, please switch to Chrome.
- SmartyAnts with the iOS Update: Last week, we sent out an email regarding an error when SmartyAnts when students have updated their device. We went around on Friday and resolved each iPad that had already been updated. You can tell that a device has been updated because the icons are smaller. If you have students who are having issues logging onto SmartyAnts whose device has been updated, try these steps:
- Go to settings
- Scroll down to Safari
- Find “Request Desktop Site”
- Turn off
- Tech Tip for Using Camera as Doc Cam: when you have your iPad set up as a document camera, you may notice that when you write, your camera refocuses on your hand and goes blurry. This can be distracting! To stop this from happening, open the camera, hold down on the screen until you see “AE/AF LOCK” at the top in yellow. This will stop the camera from focusing on anything other than the paper you are writing on.
- On the Blog this Week: Check out tech tips including how to make a QR code and how to make sure that your iPad camera does not go blurry when you are using it as a doc cam.
Week at a Glance:
** ELPAC FIELD TEST HAPPENING THIS WEEK** After-School Duty: 6th Grade ** Q2 Character Strengths: Curiosity & Self Control (School Work) **
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
- 10.30 – Superintendent Walkthrough
- 10.31 – Literature Parade