● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through
WINGS ● We Include everyone ● Never Give Up, have a ● Growth Mindset to ● SAoar off to college
- Shout out to the Positive Behavior Committee for committing and following through with the positive reinforcement incentive program by ensuring all staff have tickets ready to distribute and being prepared when students come in to redeem their cards! The students have been very excited about the new program and all staff have been doing a great job handing out tickets!
- Shout out to Ms. Morris and Mrs. Gallegos for having a growth mindset as they continue to strive to lead the AVID site team and keep AVID strategies flourishing in upper elementary and middle school.
📸Pictures:(1) Students show off their prizes from the incentive cards! (2) Our engineering team has new t-shirts! (3) Pumpkin Science!
- Sub Plans: Reminder that when you create sub plans it is important that your plans do not rely on technology, whether student devices or teacher devices. The Internet connection can go out unexpectedly and it’s challenging for a sub to make changes in the moment when their lessons rely on things being presented from classroom computers.
- Incentive Punch Cards: the Positive Behavior Committee has given each student a punch card to complete when they get 5 of the incentive tickets! Once your students have completed their card, please give it to Ms. Perezchica and she will make sure your student gets their prize!
- **See Attachments** 3rd-8th Imagine Math Parent Letters: attached, you will find a parent letter that will help them get Imagine Math going at home and see how their students are doing on the program! The letter is available in English and Spanish and it has a place for you to include the student login information.
- Restricting Avatars on Imagine Math: if you would like to restrict the time when students can change their avatar, follow these instructions:
- 1. Log onto Imagine Math
- 2. Click “Classrooms” which can be found under “Management”
- 3. Scroll down to where you see “Avatar Setting”
- 4. Set the time and day restrictions you would like
- 5. Click save
- Parking Numbers in Sub Plans: Please make sure that you include your parking spot number and which parking lot (front/back) when you request a substitute. This will prevent guest teachers from parking in a reserved spot.
- Private Browsing Mode: We have seen some students who are searching the web on “private browsing mode.” This will hide their search history. You can tell if a student is in private browsing mode because their search bar will be black instead of white or dark grey.
Week at a Glance
After-School Duty: 5th Grade
** Q2 Character Strengths: Curiosity & Self Control (School Work)**
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
- 10.21 – ELPAC field testing