● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through
WINGS ● We Include everyone ● Never Give Up, have a ● Growth Mindset to ● Soar off to college
- We have a lot to celebrate!! Shout-out to all of our Teachers & Staff for Committing & Following Through. On Wednesday you received your end-of-the-year data and as you saw there was a lot of academic growth! Way to go Falcons!!
- Shout out to Ms. Quesada and Ms. Silverstein for keeping all staff & every student in mind by organizing and meeting with teachers to speak about all of our RSP students.
📸Pictures:(1) Our newest chicks; (2) 6th graders enjoying a healthy salad, (3) First Girls’ Scout Meeting
- Attendance Matters: If you noticed that you have a student who is consistently absent or late, we have attached two PDFs that could be helpful to share during parent/teacher conferences – on goes over signs and symptoms for staying at home, going to the doctor and going to school and the other is our Attendance Matters flyer
- Opt-In Text Messages: One of the fastest ways to get information is to have parents sign up to receive text messages. We have attached the instructions in case you would like to share this again with your parents via your Class Dojo page or during conferences.
- PBIS Video: Check out and share the latest PBIS video for technology by going to this link
- Saving a Page to Your Homescreen: One of the easiest ways to consistently access commonly used websites, like the CVESD Student Page, is to have students save them to their homescreen:
- open the webpage
- click the arrow at the upper right-hand corner
- choose “save to homescreen”
- name the website
- iPads During Electives: As a reminder, students can use your homeroom iPad devices during electives as long as you have everyone using the same iPad each day. Students should carefully inspect the case and the screen for any damage when they first get the device and when they return it.
- Calm and Headspace: If you would like access to Mindfulness apps like Calm and Headspace to use with your students, check out the links below to create your free teacher account:
- Logging Onto Programs: As a reminder, we have attached the login process for students to access programs through the CVESD student page. If you are using SmartyAnts, please see the second page of the PDF for login instructions!
- Imagine Math Facts: We now have access to Imagine Math Facts (formerly known as Big Brainz) which is a math fluency app from Imagine Learning that helps students practice addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. To login, students use the CVESD student page and select “Imagine Math Facts” the app must be downloaded for this to work. If you would like the app added to your devices, please email Heather Galyen.
- To see reports for this program, go to https://bigbrainz.com/login/
- Username: school
- Password: feastercharter
- Modeled Tech Lessons: If you are interested in having Heather come in and do a modeled tech lesson for your class, sign up using this Google Doc. Topics should be something that you have noticed a need for in your own classroom.
- On the Blog: This week’s blog post gives some resources that can be used during parent/teacher conferences which start on 9/12/19
Week at a Glance
After-School Duty: 3rd Grade
** Q1 Character Strengths: Social Intelligence & Emotional Self-Control**
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
- 9.10 Coffee with the Principals
- 9.12 Parent Conferences Begin
- 9.13 School Bus Evacuation