● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through
WINGS ● We Include everyone ● Never Give Up, have a ● Growth Mindset to ● Soar off to college
- Shout out to Ms. Trina, Mrs. Richardson, Ms. Alexa, Ms. Anabel, and Ms. Amavet for committing and following through by making all the Mindlab badges for all of our students!
- Shout out to Ms. Gallegos and Ms. Morris for committing and following through as they hosted a welcome to the AVID family breakfast for our 6-8th grade AVID elective students.
- Shout out to Mr. Benetiz, Mr. Pandis, Ms. Carolina, and Ms. Ximena for committing and following through as they hosted several workshops throughout the week and held auditions for our students for our upcoming Aladdin Jr. Play.
- Shout out to our Ms. Cartier, Ms. Young, Ms. Princell, Mrs. Cortez, Ms. Calimbahin, Mr. Wylie and Mrs. Gallegos for having a growth mindset as they hosted 20 Chinese Exchange students the first and second week of school!
• 1) Sage Garden Visit 2) Ms. Young engaging her class in a trust circle 3) Ms. Silva teaching her students about the Zones of Regulation
- Technology: Thank you to everyone who has scanned their devices to their cart, named their devices and set their class wallpaper! Naming iPad devices and wallpaper changes have been disabled. If you have not yet done this, please email email@example.com so that your class devices can be set up for the year.
- Adding Apps: If you would like apps to be added to your device, please email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com and we will add any apps that you would like!
- Apps Not Showing Up: If you are missing apps, please reconnect using your cart code, you can see the video showing how to do this in the email titled “Technology Updates”
- iPad Cases: We are expecting an order of cases to arrive by the end of August. If your devices are missing cases, please do not use them until they are protected. In the meantime, please communicate with your teams and see if anyone has any extra cases they are not using.
- TAC Seating Chart: Did you know that you set up a seating chart in TAC with student’s pictures?! This is great for having a sub and for keeping track of your students!
- 1. Login to TAC
- 2. Click “Class Management”
- 3. Click “Seating Chart”
- Accessing Lexile Level: Want to show your students how to find their lexile level? Check out the video one of our students created for us: https://youtu.be/9E5bv9-Sh28
- Order Form: the 2019/2020 supply order form is attached, in order to access it, you must have Excel installed on your computer and open the file from your downloads.
- Because I Said I Would: Want help getting your students to follow through on their commitments? Check out the website, Because I Said I Would
- https://becauseisaidiwould.com/whatarepromisecards/. You can order your freenpromise cards or make your own today!
- Opt-In Agreement: One of the easiest ways for parents to receive school-wide info is through text messages! Please share the attached Opt-In agreement with your families!
- Minecraft: we still have access to Minecraft Education! We can login using our @cvesd email and password. I encourage you to explore this and see how we can connect it to our nstudent’s learning experiences: https://education.minecraft.net/
- Social Media: Please take a moment and follow us on our social media accounts:
- On the Blog This Week: learn more “Because I Said I would” which is a resource that helps “bridge the gap between intention and action.” https://feastercharter.wordpress.com/2019/08/02/website-because-i-said-iwould/
Week at a Glance
After-School Duty: 5th Grade ** Social Intelligence & Emotional Self-Control**
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
- 8/13 – Coffee with the Principals
- 8/13 – Lead Meeting
- 8/14 – JupiterEd Workshop for FCMS (7:45am and 3:10pm)