● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through
WINGS ● We Include everyone ● Never Give Up, have a ● Growth Mindset to ● Soar off to college
- Shout out to Coach Chris, Mrs. Haro and Mrs. Perezchica for having a growth mindset and putting on a PD for staff to ensure they have the strategies to take care of themselves during a very busy end of the school year!
- Shout out to Ms. Ruppert and Coach Johnson for committing and following through with the completion of their BTSA certification!!
- Shout out to all 3rd through 8th grade teaches and the IA’s and Noon Duties for committing and following through by getting through all CAASPP Math and ELA tests the past two weeks! It took the entire school working together to make sure all went smoothly!
- Shout out to Kinder-2nd grade teachers for committing and following through with Local Measures Testing! I know many of you had to administer assessments one on one which can be very time consuming!
📸Pictures: 1) Mr. Fraser’s tomato plants 2 & 3) BTSA Year 2 graduates 3) 1st graders in the Engineering Lab
- Volunteer Lunch RSVPs: When collecting RSVPs for the volunteer lunch, please make sure that parents include their first and last names. RSVPs can be sent to Ms. Jeannie in room 201.
- Movie Night Fundraiser Opportunity: As part of our health and wellness award from CVESD, we have received a free Family Movie Night. We will be showing Mary Poppins Returns on Friday, May 31st starting at 6:00 PM. If you would like to fundraise by selling healthy snacks and drinks, please email email@example.com. Admission will be free and there will be games and activities provided by the Chula Vista Rec Center!
- Testing Headphone: headphones were passed out for grades 3-8 to be used for testing purposes. Please see the image of the box attached for an example showing how we can keep the new headphones organized and in working condition!
Week at a Glance
- After-School Duty: Mindlabs
- Q4: Grit & Optimism
- Please sign up for your formal observation in Room 201!
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
- 5.27.19 –Memorial Day No School
- 5.31.19 STEM EXPO