● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through
WINGS ● We Include everyone ● Never Give Up, have a ● Growth Mindset to ● Soar off to college
- Shout out to Mr. Benitez for committing and following through by choreographing the dance for the SBAC Pep Rally! The students loved the performance as I’m sure all the viewers on social media did as well!
- Shout out to Mrs. Diaz and the Green Team for committing and following through with hosting a wonderful Earth Day event on Monday, April 22nd. If we all do our part we’ll help out our future generations!
- Shout out to Coach G, Coach Johnson, Mrs. Rivaldi, Mrs. Treter, Mrs. Diaz, Mr. Roel, Ms. Ana, Coach Liz, Coach Leslie, Mr. Pandis & Mr. Benitez for committing and following through with putting on a spectacular booth at Dia de los Ninos at Memorial Park on Saturday! They ran 2 booths with exciting activities for students as well as organized student performances on stage!
- Shout out to the Student Motivation Committee for committing and following through by hosting 3 nights of successful SBAC Awards Ceremonies last week! Thank you for your time and dedication to ensure that students were honored!
📸Pictures: 1) Earth Day celebration 2) Shoe Fairy visits Girls on the Run groups to distribute shoes! 3)Middle School Students learn CPR
- Surveys: Please remember to take a few minutes to complete the leadership surveys for your leads, this is essential in growth and development moving into next school year!
- Jupiter Ed Grades: It has come to our attention that there are tutorial videos online showing students how to temporarily change their grades on JupiterEd and other online grading programs. If you suspect this is happening, please do not accept screenshots of grades and ask the students to refresh the screen when they are showing you their grades. Here is a video link showing what they are doing to temporarily change their grade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArzSSatG868. When the screen is refreshed by clicking on the link and hitting enter, the grade will go back to the original assigned grade.
- Yearbook: Yearbooks are expected to arrive on May 15th! We ordered 50 additional yearbooks which will be sold in the Media Center after school for $25.00. Once they arrive, we will send out an email, post on social media and add this information to the morning announcements.
- Class Dojo: Some parents have been contacting the Media Center about their Class Dojo app telling them they need to upgrade to a paid subscription. This is only for their program called Beyond School. Parents still have full access to see their child’s work and message the teacher for free.
- School Hall Passes: Thank you to everyone who has been using their school hall pass! We hope you are finding them convenient and effective!
- On the Blog: This week’s blog is focusing on testing strategies and includes some resources to share with your parents and students! You can read the full blog post here: Testing Strategies
Week at a Glance
After-School Duty: 4th Grade ** Q4: Grit & Optimism ** Pasta for Pennies **
Please sign up for your formal observation in Room 201!
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
- 5.6.19 SBAC Testing Begins