● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through
WINGS ● We Include everyone ● Never Give Up, have a ● Growth Mindset to ● Soar off to college
- Shout out to the Parent Involvement Committee for Committing & Following Through by organizing and hosting a successful Spring Kermes!
- Shout out to Ms. Heather Galyen, Ms. Claudia Palacio, Mr. Josh Thorburn, & Ms. Ana Mercado for having a Growth Mindset by organizing/chaperoning our recent trip to China. It was an amazing experience for both the 11 middle school students and the adults! We can’t wait to start planning our next trip!
- Shout out to our Mrs. Macleod, Mrs. Hernandez, Marta, Melissa, Marcela, Cassandra, Ms. Jeannie, Dr. Sleiman and Mr. Velasco for providing the additional support while Ms. Dominguez and I were chaperoning students in China last week!
- Shout out to Coach Liz for organizing our first Feaster Cup! Way to Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind!
- Survey: Please follow the link to take a less than 15-minute survey on your perceptions of student behavior and attitudes, school programs and policies, and the overall school climate as they relate to student well-being and learning. The deadline to take the survey is 5.3.19. https://surveys.wested.org/cscs/MX379KT
- Community Service in the Media Center: Do you have a middle school student who needs hours for community service or a student who just loves to help out after school? If so, please contact Heather Galyen via email or by calling x2947. Students volunteers will help check iPad covers, set up teachers with the Apple Classroom app and turn on your student iPad location services.
- Classroom App: Many of our teachers are using the Apple Classroom app which allows you to see the student’s iPad screen right from your iPad, open a specific app and even lock the student’s screen – all from your teacher iPad. If you are interested in this tool, please contact Heather Galyen. If you are using this app and are having issues, please contact Heather Galyen
- Sound the Alarm: Please help us spread the word by sharing the following information on your Class Dojo page and via JupiterEd – you can also include the attached PDFs in your message:
- The city of Chula Vista will be installing FREE smoke alarms on Saturday, May 4th from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. Parents can request installation by visiting SoundTheAlarm.org/SanDiego
- Pasta for Pennies: We are getting closer and closer to our $3,000 goal for Pasta for Pennies! At last count, we had raised $2,360.78! Kindergarten is in the lead with $415.47 raised so far! Remember, you can also donate online by going click this link! All of these donations go towards research for finding a cure for Leukemia and Lymphoma.
Week at a Glance
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
- 4.30.19 Dia de los Ninos – Quad Area
- 5.3.19 Bonnie’s Leadership Academy (Leads off Campus)