● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through
WINGS ● We Include everyone ● Never Give Up, have a ● Growth Mindset to ● Soar off to college
- Shout out to Mr. Benitez for committing and following through, by for organizing all of our wonderful dance recitals! Our students did a great job performing!
- Shout out to our students Emilee Abarca, Andrea Nolasco, Said Camacho, Julian Avita, and Monica Law for having a growth mindset. These students will compete at CVESD’s speech contest this week! If you see them around campus, wish them luck 😉!
📸Pictures: (1) MS Ss staying active during PE (2) Thank you Ms. Acuna for organizing the Bell Uniform Program (3) AVID Ss presenting at the board
- Cell Phone Policy: Recently there have been some questions regarding our cell phone policy. As a reminder, homeroom teachers must collect all students’ cell phones and store them in a secure location. Students can pick up their cell phones at the end of the school day. Students should not have their cell phones in their backpacks during the day. Thank you for your support with this policy.
- Shrek Jr. Tickets:
- Shrek Jr. Tickets are being sold before and after-school in front of the main office! Stop by to buy your tickets and support our theater program!
- Playbill: In order to help fund some of the costs of the Shrek Jr play, we are selling space in the playbill where parents and community members can leave a note for their child or an advertisement for their local business. Please help us promote this opportunity by sharing the information with your parents on Class Dojo.
- Did you know that exercising on a regular basis could help rid your airway of bacteria that lead to colds, or make your body produce more antibodies that fight sickness? (source: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/007165.htm )
- We know how busy educators are and how important it is for us to make time to exercise. To help us stay healthy, we have partnered with Teresa Mazzarella to offer fitness classes to our staff for an affordable price. If you are interested in learning more and trying out a FREE class, join us this Wednesday at 3:15 near the PE building. We hope to see you there!
- Clearing Cache: if your students are having any trouble accessing any of the programs through the CVESD student webpage, please have them try clearing the cache on their iPad.
- Career Fair: Friday, April 12th is our 6th Annual Career Fair! We are looking for local professionals to volunteer and share more information about their careers. If you know of anyone who may be interested, please share the attached “6th Annual Career Fair” flyer with them or share their contact information with us so we can get in touch with them.
- Insurance Reminder: You and your students can still purchase insurance to cover the cost of damage to your devices. For MacBooks, the insurance is $50 and for iPads, it is $25.
- Yearbook Pictures: We have started importing pictures for this year’s yearbook! Please email any pictures that you would like included to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3/17/2019. We are hoping to have everything in before we leave for spring break on 3/22/2019!
- Backing up Your Files: The deletion of the committee’s folder was a definite reminder to back-up your files! You can use your OneNote or your OneDrive to do this. You can see a video link showing you how to do this by clicking this link.
- On the Blog This Week: This week’s blog post is focusing on the different features of Benchmark! We encourage you all to share how you are using this curriculum in your classrooms!
- Social Media: We love to use social media to showcase all the great things teachers are doing! Please take a moment and follow us on our social media accounts:
- Twitter: @FeasterCharter and #FeasterLearns
- Twitter: @sdominguez_3 @drmotsinger @AngelicaSleiman @FranciscoJVel04
- Instagram: @FeasterCharter, @FeasterAthletics and @feasterfarmgreenhouse
- Facebook: Feaster Charter
- Class Dojo: Request to join Feaster Charter
- Blog: https://feastercharter.wordpress.com/
Week at a Glance
- After-School Duty: 6th Grade
- Q3: Zest & Gratitude
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
- 3.7.19 Jazz Assemblies