● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through
WINGS ● We Include everyone ● Never Give Up, have a ● Growth Mindset to ● Soar off to college
- Shout out to Mrs. Cortez, Mr. Hernandez, Ms. McDonald, Ms. Ruppert, & Ms. Calimbahin, for committing and following through, 5th grade was the focus of Dr. Escobedo’s walkthrough last week and he acknowledged the consistency across all classrooms, the high level of rigor in the activity the kids were doing from Eureka math, and quality of small group instruction being executed in their classrooms!
- Shout out to Coach Chris and Mrs. Perezchica for keeping all staff and every student in mind, this quarter we have been without our 2nd counselor and these two have been working diligently to ensure that student groups are still running as well as assisting with student emergency situations that have continued to arise!
- Shout out to Mr. Samaniego for keeping all staff in mind by organizing a Feaster get together last Tuesday! It was great to meet up and enjoy each other’s company. Thank you to all who were able to make it!
📸Pictures: Tweets of the Week: (1) Cheer Squad performs after school (2) DAC/ELAC parent meeting (3) grant supports our Band Program!
- Common Contacts at Feaster Charter: We have a huge staff at Feaster Charter and that makes it difficult to know everyone! The attached document tells you the names and locations of people who we are all in contact with.
- Scholar Dollars: On March 11th, we will be part of a competition that can earn $25,000 for our school’s specialty programs and classrooms! It is a voting competition so we will need everyone’s help getting votes in, more information will come soon. For now, we will be working on promotion video to get our families, community and social media followers pumped to vote for us EVERY DAY that the polls are open! If you would like your class to be part of this promo video, please email email@example.com
- Headspace: we still have the Headspace guided mediation subscription available until 07/2019! Your redemption code is GSEDFEASTER1Y and it can be redeemed at headspace.com/code. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like this app downloaded to your devices.
- Ad Space in Shrek Playbill: This year, we are offering ad space in our playbill to help support our theater program! Ad space can be purchased by families and local businesses. Ad space starts at $50 for 1/8 of a page and increases from there (see the attached flyer for more info). All proceeds from ad sales will go to covering the cost of this year’s Shrek Jr. production. Please share this information with your parents and within our community!
- On the blog this week: This week, our blog post is focusing on self care – you can read it on our Self Care Part 2
- We love to use social media to showcase all the great things teachers are doing! Please take a moment and follow us on our social media accounts:
Week at a Glance
After-School Duty: 6th Grade ** Q3: Zest & Gratitude
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
- District speech contest (4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th)
- Noon duties visit classrooms for trust circles