We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through
WINGS ● We Include everyone ● Never Give Up, have a ● Growth Mindset to ● Soar off to college
- Shout out to Ms. Cassie Mateos for keeping all staff and every student in mind by organizing and scheduling Kaiser Permanente’s Conflict Management Program.
- Shout out to Ms. Miller, Ms. Ruppert, Mrs. Hernandez, Mrs. Zinskey, Ms. Palacio, Ms. Morris, and Ms. Marcos for committing and following through by volunteering to coach our first #GirlsOnTheRun Team! Our girls will train and participate in 5K run in May!
📸Pictures: (1) Ss rehearsing for Shrek! (2) Mrs. Diaz accepting Toshiba’s grant at the District’s Board Mtg (3) Tweet of the Week: Ms. Granados’ & Mrs. Martinez’s class celebrating 100 days of School
- Guided Visit: On Tuesday, January 29th we will host approximately 45 Teacher Leaders and Administrators from 5 different CVESD schools. The purpose of this walkthrough is for us to gather feedback from our current Professional Learning Cycles (PLCs). We have a solution to accommodate parking for our visitors, but please be mindful that there may be a bit more traffic than usual in the morning.
- 4th – 8th Grade Speech Contest: each 4th – 8th classroom is invited to participate in the 2019 CVESD Speech Contest! We will hold a school site competition where 1 – 2 students from each class will present their speech. The winner of the school site competition will go on to present their speech at the district. Please review the attached PDF for more information about the scoring and prompt. If you have any questions, please email Heather Galyen. Teachers should have 1-2 students who are ready to present on the day of the Feaster speech assemblies:
- 4th Grade – 2/14 @ 10:00
- 5th Grade – 2/12 @ 10:00
- 6th Grade – 2/11 @ 10:20
- 7th & 8th Grade – 2/12 @ 2:00
- Parent Teacher Conference Survey: Please take a moment to complete the Parent Teacher Conference Survey. By completing this, you are helping us gather data that can be presented to our charter board. This data will help us understand whether or not this time was effective and whether or not we should continue having these additional conference times in the future: December Parent Teacher Conference Survey
- EduAbroad Survey: If you have not already done so and you are interested in being part of the upcoming EduAbroad trip to China, please complete the following informational survey: EduAbroad China Trip
- DI Applications: Our DI program is now accepting applicants for the 2019/2020 school year! Applicants are encouraged to apply online, but we do have paper applications available at the front office as well: DI Applicationn
- Feaster Charter Middle School Applications: Applications for FCMS are now open! All incoming middle schoolers are invited to apply, they are encouraged to apply online at FCMS 2019 Application. Paper applications are also available in the front office.
- Becoming an Apple Distinguished Educator:Apple Distinguished Educators (ADEs) are part of a global community of education leaders recognized for doing amazing things with Apple technology in and out of the classroom. That includes working with each other — and with Apple — to bring the freshest, most innovative ideas to students everywhere. To learn more about the ADE Program visit: Apple Distinguished Educator
Week at a Glance
After-School Duty: 3rd Grade
** Q3: Zest & Gratitude
** Anabel Ibarra will be in collaboration this week to discuss ELPAC items
** 13 Chinese Exchange Students arrive on Monday.
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
- 2.4 AVID Parent Workshop
- 2.5 Coffee with the Principals
- 2.6 New to Feaster Teacher PD
- 2.7 Jazz Performance Assemblies 2.8 Bonnie’s Leadership PD