● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through
WINGS ● We Include everyone ● Never Give Up, have a ● Growth Mindset to ● Soar off to college
- Shout out to Mrs. Gentile, Ms. Aderholdt, Ms. Garcia, & Ms. Ibarra for having a growth mindset and attending the ELPAC training this week, they’ll be presenting to staff on Thursday, as we prepare to start testing in February!
- Shout out to Mrs. Perezchica for keeping all staff and every student in mind as she stepped in to help out the counseling department so that no students miss a group session in the interim that we hire a new counselor.
- Shout out to Ms. Liz for keeping all staff and every student in mind as she volunteered to help out during lunch when we were short noon duties last week!
📸Pictures: (1) Check out our new Marquee! (2) Congratulation and happy retirement Ms. Willis! (3) Congratulations to all the SOM, Perfect Attendance, and Honor Roll recipients for Quarter 2!
- Electives: Quarter 3 electives start on Tuesday, January 22nd!
- Trip to China Survey: We are working with EduAbroad to get our trip to China planned and scheduled this spring with 13 of our middle school students! If you are interested in going on this trip as a chaperone, please fill out the survey below. Please note that the trip will be approximately 10 days and will occur sometime this spring, likely before Spring Break, but exact dates are not yet known. This opportunity is open to all staff, not just middle school teachers. Please let us know of your interest by filling out the following survey, if you have specific questions do not hesitate to ask
- CVESD Student Page: If your students are having trouble logging into the CVESD website, please have them scan the QR code below. We are still experiencing a lot of issues with SmartyAnts and have been in communication with the company about this. We hope to have it up and glitch free soon.
- TV Information:
- For those of you using your doc cam stands, you can set them up so that you have more writing space if needed. See below:
- You can prevent your iPad from going to sleep while you are using it as a doc cam. In order to keep your iPad on:
- Go to settings
- Scroll to “display & brightness”
- Select “Auto-Lock”
- Change to “Never”
- Our custodians have been working to get all of the left-over materials (doc cams, speakers, projectors, etc) out of your rooms. If you still have left over materials and would like them out, please bring them to the sheds at the end of the 700 building on campus. We will get them stored for you. Thank you all for your patience and help with this!
- New on our YouTube Chanel:
- The Feaster PBIS has published their new video showing positive examples and non-examples of some of our school wide expectations: Feaster Charter PBIS Video – Dos and Don’ts of Bathrooms
- Check out our Feaster Charter YouTube channel for examples of the AVID strategy, collaborative study groups. You can see these on our YouTube Chanel: Collaborative Study Groups
- Blog: Our blog this week is focusing on the Feaster Charter Middle School PLC, collaborative study groups. You can find it on our website at Collaborative Study Groups
Week at a Glance
After-School Duty: 3rd Grade ** Q3: Zest & Gratitude **
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
- 1.29 Guided Visit from 5 cohort schools
- 2.1 ELPAC testing window opens