● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through WINGS ● We Include everyone ● Never Give Up, have a ● Growth Mindset to ● Soar off to college
- Shout out to the Social Committee for Keeping all Staff in Mind by organizing our staff gift exchange. The themed days was a fun twist to get everyone in the holiday spirit!
- Shout out to Reggie, Heather, & our Custodians for Committing and Following Through to ensure that all 3rd-6th grade classes had TVs ordered, installed, and ready to use by the time we returned from Winter Break!
- Shout out to the Parent Involvement Committee for Committing and Following through by organizing a successful Kermes! All of the performances were excellent! #GoFalcons !
- Shout out to Ms. Brittney Haselton for having a growth mindset for jumping into teach 8th grade ELA!
- Congratulations to the Trujillo Family on their newborn baby boy!
📸Pictures: (1-3) Pictures from Kermes
- TV Installations: Over break, all teachers in grades 3-6 had televisions installed in their classrooms! On Monday, we will be holding a training to go over important information about using these televisions. If you have a new television in your room, please come to room 401 at 12:10 for a 15 minute training.
- Speech Contest: grades 4th – 8th are invited to participate in the 2019 CVESD Speech Contest! School site speeches will be scheduled for the second week in February:
- 4th Grade – 2/14
- 5th Grade – 2/9
- 6th Grade – 2/11
- 7th & 8th Grades – 2/12
- Feaster Charter Middle School Applications: Applications to Feaster Charter Middle School will be opening this week! 6th grade students will be invited to apply online http://bit.ly/FCMSApplication2019
- EduAbroad Visitors: We will be hosting another group of exchange students from 1/28-2/1! We do not have a set roster of students yet, but we are expecting them to be in grades 4-8. If you are not interested in hosting 2-3 visiting students during this time, please email Heather ASAP.
- On the Blog: This week, our blog is focusing on communicating about
emotions https://feastercharter.wordpress.com/2019/01/13/emotions-as-a-way-to-connect/. If you like ideas for transitioning back to work after long breaks, you can also read https://feastercharter.wordpress.com/2018/01/05/getting-back-to-routines-after-break/
Week at a Glance
After-School Duty: 2nd Grade
** Q3: Zest & Gratitude **
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
- 12.21 MLK Day – No School
- 1.22 Coffee with the Principals.
- Q3 Electives begin
- 1.23 Board Meeting