● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through WINGS ● We Include everyone ● Never Give Up, have a ● Growth Mindset to ● Soar off to college
- Shout out to Mrs. Trujillo, Mrs. Medina, Mr. Fraser, Mr. Peterson & Coach Chris for committing and following through with their annual college week field trips, they chaperoned close to 100 students to 8 college in Los Angeles and Orange County last week, they were gone from 6:30am- 6:30pm each day, thank you for giving our students an opportunity they may not have otherwise had!
- Shout out to Coach Johnson & Coach Guglielmo for committing and following through by putting on our annual Turkey Bowl! It was great to see so many teachers and staff out playing alongside our football team!
📸Pictures:(1) ELAC parents work on ILE; (2) Ss supporting Turkey Bowl; (3) Feaster Cheerleaders; (4) Turkey Bowl 2018!
- Additional Parent Conference Days: December 17th-21st will all become minimum days for students so that you can have an additional opportunity to meet with some of your parents and hold SST’s. Additional information will be coming out this week so you can start scheduling parent meetings!
- On the Blog: this week, our blog post is about productively struggling in
- Thank you notes: The new iPad covers have been arriving! As many of you know, PTO donated $2,500 towards the total of over $7,000 to purchase these covers. It would be a great welcome back activity to have students write thank you notes or to show their gratitude in some other way to our PTO and Feaster’s admin team for providing these new covers. You can send completed thank you notes to the Media Center or straight to the PTO office.
- iPad Carts: a friendly reminder to keep iPad carts locked and secured whenever you are out of the classroom.
- Video App for iPad: Clips from Apple is a speech to text video app that will transcribe your words into writing; this is a strategy for helping blocked writers get their thoughts out and for getting students to create videos about their learning: Clips Review on Common Sense Media . Email Heather Galyen if you do not have this app on your devices and would like it downloaded to your student iPads.
Week at a Glance
After-School Duty: 2nd Grade
** Q2 Character Strengths: Curiosity & Self-Control (School Work)
** 6th Grade Camp & 7th Grade College Week
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
- 12.20 Winter Kermes
- 12.17-12.21 Minimum Days for parent conferences