● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through
WINGS ● We Include everyone ● Never Give Up, have a ● Growth Mindset to ● Soar off to college
- Shout-out to Ms. Denisse Garcia for Committing & Following Through as she ensured that all 150 3rd grade students were tested for GATE last week!
- Shout out to Mrs. Ana Mercado for having a growth mindset as she constantly comes up with new strategies to make sure that drop off and pick up and safe and smooth for parents and students!
- Shout out to Ms. Krista Cartier for helping students Soar Off to College by having them monitor their lexile growth and goals!
(1) Ss Achieve3K Goal Setting Form (2) Tweet of the Week: Ss demonstrating understanding (3) 3rd Grade classes celebrate students’ improvement on Achieve 3K
- We love to use social media to showcase all the great things teachers are doing! Please take a moment and follow us on our social media accounts:
- Twitter: @FeasterCharter https://feastercharter.wordpress.com/mentions/feastercharter/
- Twitter: @sdominguez_3 @drmotsinger @AngelicaSleiman @FranciscoJVel04
- Instagram: @FeasterCharter https://feastercharter.wordpress.com/mentions/feastercharter/ and @FeasterAthletics
- Facebook: Feaster Charter
- Class Dojo: Request to join Feaster Charter
- Blog: https://feastercharter.wordpress.com/
- Headspace: we still have the Headspace guided mediation subscription available until 07/2019! Your redemption code is GSEDFEASTER1Y and it can be redeemed at headspace.com/code.
- Weekly Run: Every Wednesday, Feaster holds a 2.1 mile run around campus for our Cross Country Team! We love seeing teachers, students, staff members, and parents come out and join us. We hope to see you on the track at 3:20 this Wednesday.
- Bikes for Kids: Every week, NBC 7/39 airs a segment where they donate a bike to one student who is excelling in character development and/or academics. You can nominate a student by emailing Marie.Romeo@usw.salvationarmy.org
- Spanish Classes: This year, we are offering Spanish classes to our staff members! PTO has offered to pay half of the fee, so classes are being offered at a discounted rate of $11/class! You can reserve your spot by signing up online: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=DG566I7Aska7c0XdByuqM-0kQe-mgAFCmgV5bIbDBI5UMlZQWkpIMk9DWFZaVzExMjFFRENURThCSy4u
- EduBlogs Competition: The Student Blogging Challenge is about embracing all of the benefits of blogging from learning digital writing skills, and digital citizenship, to developing an authentic audience and connecting with others around the globe. You can register online by going to https://studentchallenge.edublogs.org/
- Contact for Programs: If you have a question or concern about a program, please contact:
- Benchmark: Marissa Hernandez
- SmartyAnts: Shea Macleod
- Imagine Learning: Heather Galyen
- AR: Roel Mislan
- Achieve: Shea Macleod
- Accelerated Reader: the link for the AR website is: https://hosted72.renlearn.com/268848/SIS/Student/olm/ViewStudentController.rli
- Imagine Learning: please help hold your students accountable for achieving their 20 minutes each day by checking your Imagine Learning reports! You can login and see how your students are spending their time by going to: https://my.imaginelearning.com/. ImagineLearning does have a new app that we will be pushing out to all iPad devices this week. Please remember that the site code is 0608610.
- Imagine Learning at Home: ILE is available for use at home! Please share the attached PDFs with parents during conferences this week.
- SmartyAnts: There are two apps for SmartyAnts – one is for K&1 and the other is for 2nd and up. We will be pushing out the 2nd & up apps to all grade levels using SmartyAnts.
- Saving Website to Homescreen: we have had a lot of issues with accessing online programs like Benchmark. In order to help resolve this, we recommend having students save the website to their homescreen by:
- 1. Open the webiste on your web browser
- 2. Click the icon that looks like a rectangle with an up arrow
- 3. Click “add to home screen”
- 4. Type in the name of the website
- 5. Click “add”
- iPads to Media Center: throughout the day, we get a lot of students coming in for iPad issues. To help us out, especially when we are in classrooms or not in the offices, please only send students with a note describing the problem, their name, your room number, and a class pass
- iPad location services have been turned on for most devices! This was done during the set up in order to help us locate lost devices. Please make sure that you leave these location services on so that we can track the device in case it goes missing.
- If you notice that your students safari or web browser has a black bar at the top, this means that they are in privacy mode. This will stop their browsing history from being tracked. Please have a conversation with your students if you saw this happening.
- MacBooks: please note that the new MacBooks are very fragile! The screens are easily cracked, so we highly recommend purchasing a cover or a case to keep your MacBook from being damaged. Please make sure that you are cautious to not close anything inside of the MacBook and to keep liquids away from the computer. According to the staff Acceptable Use Policy, teachers are responsible for any damage caused to the device. We highly recommend purchasing the $50 insurance; please see the Staff AUP for more information!
- Candy Bars: 6th grade is selling candy bars to raise money for 6th grade camp! If you see any students selling candy bars, feel free to purchase one!
- GoFundMe: We have started a GoFundMe campaign for our upcoming China trip. This will help fund the necessary costs connected with the trip including applying for a visa as well as airfare. If you would like to donate or share with your families, the link is: https://www.gofundme.com/building-global-citizenship
Week at a Glance
After-School Duty: 3rd Grade
** Q1 Character Strengths: Social Intelligence & Emotional Self-Control**
AM: 1ST PM: 2ND
Arizmendi, San Roman, Rhoades UCSD 9:00-2:00
AM: 1ST PM: 2ND
Coffee With the Principals 7:45
So Wild San Diego
Lead Meeting 3:05 Room 401
Club to Living Coast 3:00-4:00
AM: 6TH PM: 3RD
Building Relationships Committee Meeting 3:00 Room 401
Charter Board Meeting 4:30 Room 401
*Last Day of Electives Q1
*Parent Conferences Minimum Day Schedule
AM: TK&MS / PM: Mindlabs
Palacio Living Coast 9:00-2:00
1:45 PD: Parent Conferences
1:30 GLQs: Tan Soo Do Karate Class
*Parent Conferences Minimum Day Schedule
AM: K PM: 4th
Silva Living Coast 9:00-2:00
*Wear College T-
Looking Ahead & Other Information
- 9/21 Achieve 3000 Pizza Party (See email from Dr. Sleiman)
- 9/22 Fall Break!