● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through WINGS ● We Include everyone ● Never Give Up, have a ● Growth Mindset to ● Soar off to college
- Shout-out to Ms. Perezchica for being so flexible and supportive of our students and jumping in to teach our 7th grade classes. Thank you for #keeping every student in mind
- Shout-out to our PTO for keeping all staff and every student/parent in mind by always having coffee and treats ready for parent meetings and for contributing towards the cost of purchasing iPad covers for our devices! We are investing in more durable cases to minimize any potential damage caused by the devices being dropped.
📸Pictures:(1& 3)Ms. S.Lopez (tweet of the week) and Mr. Cereto’s using Buddy Up to build relationships
(2) 44 Parents came to our Positive Parenting Seminar! Please continue to promote these workshops via Class Dojo! (4)Week 2 of our 2.1 mile run! Come join our cross-country team this Wed for another run!
- We love to use social media to showcase great things teachers are dong! Please take a moment and follow us on our social media accounts:
- Headspace: we still have the Headspace guided mediation subscription available until 07/2019! Your redemption code is GSEDFEASTER1Y and it can be redeemed at headspace.com/code.
- Contact for Programs: If you have a question or concern about a program, please contact:
- Benchmark: Marissa Hernandez
- SmartyAnts: Shea Macleod
- Imagine Learning: Heather Galyen
- AR: Roel Mislan
- Achieve: Shea Macleod
- Door Signs: Everyone now has two frames outside of their door! Ms. Hale in 7th grade is making great use of her second frame by including her All About Me letter. Other teachers are including the Mindlabs after school clubs or their elective rosters! These are great ways to make use of this space!
- Accelerated Reader: the link for the AR website
- Imagine Learning: please help hold your students accountable for achieving their 20 minutes each day by checking your Imagine Learning reports! You can login and see how your students are spending their time by going to: https://my.imaginelearning.com/. ImagineLearning does have a new app that we will be pushing out to all iPad devices this week. Please remember that the site code is 0608610
- SmartyAnts: There are two apps for SmartyAnts – one is for K&1 and the other is for 2nd and up. We will be pushing out the 2nd & up apps to all grade levels using SmartyAnts.
- iPads to Media Center: throughout the day, we get a lot of students coming in for iPad issues. To help us out, especially when we are in classrooms or not in the offices, please only send students with a note describing the problem, their name, your room number, and a class pass
- MacBooks: please note that the new MacBooks are very fragile! The screens are easily cracked, so we highly recommend purchasing a cover or a case to keep your MacBook from being damaged. Please make sure that you are cautious to not close anything inside of the MacBook and to keep liquids away from the computer. According to the staff Acceptable Use Policy, teachers are responsible for any damage caused to the device. We highly recommend purchasing the $50 insurance; please see the attached Staff AUP for more information!
- Candy Bars: 6th grade is selling candy bars to raise money for 6th grade camp
- Apps & Restrictions: Collaborate with your grade levels to decide what apps and restrictions you would like placed on your devices – this information should be sent to Heather Galyen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Week at a Glance
After-School Duty: 2nd Grade ** Q1 Character Strengths: Social Intelligence & Emotional Self-Control** **School-Wide Buddy Up WEEK!**
AM: PM: 5TH
Goal Setting: Trujillo, Pandis, Hale, Treter, Palacio, Tellez, Hill, Benetiz,
AM: 1ST PM: 2ND
M.Lopez, Nickeson, SanRoman, Haggard, Rodriguez, Rhoads
MTSS Training Day 2 3:05 Lead Meeting
AM: 6TH PM: 3RD
EduAbroad Parent Presentation
Positive Parenting Classes
AM: TK&MS / PM: ML DI Partner Collab: K
1:45 PD: SSTs + LTELs
1:30 GLQs: Tan Soo Do Karate Class
AM: K PM: 4th
Jupiter Ed Workshop
Room 1406 @7:30
ELPAC Academy Report PE Mins 1ST- 6TH Grade
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
9.3.18 – Labor Day (No School)