● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through ●
- Shout-out to our Lead Team for planning, organizing, and delivering our professional development for our K-2nd, 3rd-5th, & 6th- 8th grade + Mindlabs teachers. Your input and expertise positively influence all of our students.
- Shout out to Coach Guglielmo, Coach Johnson & Coach Liz for committing and following through, this past week was hot but it didn’t stop them from ensuring our students were getting their physical education time through modified activities and classroom lessons. Hopefully it is a cool week!
- Shout out to Coach Chris & Ms. Cynthia for keeping all staff and every student in mind as they darted back and forth to various rooms to help with students who were struggling the first few weeks of school. In particular our kinder rooms have needed extra attention and they have been there making sure all of our students are adapting well. They have also been working on their new schedule taking into account referrals and needs of the school, we look forward to starting counseling services and push in lessons soon!
Pictures: (1) Feaster’s community giveaway (2) Ms. Treter’s class learning about patterns in art (3) Students learning about their RIASEC Themes in Mindlabs
- We love to use social media to showcase great things teachers are dong! o Please take a moment and follow us on our social media accounts:
Instagram:@FeasterCharterand @FeasterAthletics Facebook:FeasterCharter
ClassDojo: Request to join FeasterCharter
- Benchmark: students can easily log in to their Benchmark by going through their email or the CVESD district website. We would recommend having students save the website to their homescreen. To see how students can access Benchmark, check out our Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIUfTGYssY4
- Tech: At this point, everyone should have the Acceptable Use Policies returned and reviewed and your Common Sense Media lessons should be nearing completion! Please remember that when you are rolling out your devices that you:
- Naming Devices: Have the students rename their iPads to show student name and classroom number
- o 1. Go to settings
- o 2. Click General
- o 3. Click name and type in the new name for the device (ie. Heather Galyen Room 903)
- iPad Inventory: Enter your devices in the shared OneNote for inventory: https://cvesd-my.sharepoint.com/personal/heather_walker_cvesd_org/Documents/iPad%20Serial%20Numbers/ Thank you to those who have already done this!
- Apps & Restrictions: Collaborate with your grade levels to decide what apps and restrictions you would like placed on your devices – this information should be sent to Heather Galyen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- MacBooks: please note that the new MacBooks are very fragile! The screens are easily cracked, so he highly recommend purchasing a cover or a case to keep your MacBook in. Please make sure that you are cautious to not close anything inside of the MacBook and to keep liquids away from the computer.
- iPad Issues: If you have any concerns with your iPad (wifi, apps not working, etc) please email email@example.com or you can also send your student to the Media Center. If you are going to send your student, please make sure that you attach a note describing the problem and
- Speakers & Headphones: If your classroom speaker is not working, please contact Heather or Roel and we will be out to check on it. Many of our speakers are not working, so we will be recommending an alternative if we are not able to get it repaired. For headphones, we are looking at options for the students to use that will be durable and last through the year.
Week at a Glance
After-School Duty: 4th Grade
** Q1 Character Strengths: Emotional Self Control & Social Intelligence
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
- 8/13 4th Grade Field Trip
- 8/24: Leads out for leadership training
- 8/25: Saturday school- 8th Grade