● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through ●
- Shout Out to Ms. Young, Ms. Cartier, Ms. Princell, Mr. Saminego and Ms. Miller for committing and following through, by being outside for after school duty right after school every day last week! It makes dismissal much smoother when there are extra eyes outside, thank you!
- Shout Out to Coach Chris and Ms. Cynthia for keeping all staff and every student in mind as they darted back and forth to various rooms to help with students who were struggling the first few weeks of school. In particular our kinder rooms have needed extra attention and they have been there making sure all our students are adapting to school. They also have been working on their new schedule taking into account referrals and needs of the school, we look forward to counseling services and push in lessons starting soon!
- Shout out to Coach Guglielmo, Coach Johnson & Coach Liz for committing and following through, this past week was hot but it didn’t stop them from ensuring our students were getting their physical education time in through modified activities and classroom lessons. Hoping for a cooler week next week!
1) A great way to show students who their buddy is for daily Buddy Up meetings!
2) Mindlabs introduced all students to the RIASEC personality test this week, they will be working on connecting students interests to career options!
3) 8th Grade STEM classes are exploring career options in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math!
- We love to use social media to showcase great things teachers are dong! o Please take a moment and follow us on our social media accounts:
Instagram:@FeasterCharterand @FeasterAthletics Facebook:FeasterCharter
ClassDojo: Request to join FeasterCharter
- Benchmark: students can easily log in to their Benchmark by going through their email or the CVESD district website. We would recommend having students save the website to their homescreen. To see how students can access Benchmark, check out our Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIUfTGYssY4
- Tech: At this point, everyone should have the Acceptable Use Policies returned and reviewed and your Common Sense Media lessons should be nearing completion! Please remember that when you are rolling out your devices that you:
- Naming Devices: Have the students rename their iPads to show student name and classroom number
- o 1. Go to settings
- o 2. Click General
- o 3. Click name and type in the new name for the device (ie. Heather Galyen Room 903)
- iPad Inventory: Enter your devices in the shared OneNote for inventory: https://cvesd-my.sharepoint.com/personal/heather_walker_cvesd_org/Documents/iPad%20Serial%20Numbers/ Thank you to those who have already done this!
- Apps & Restrictions: Collaborate with your grade levels to decide what apps and restrictions you would like placed on your devices – this information should be sent to Heather Galyen at email@example.com
- MacBooks: please note that the new MacBooks are very fragile! The screens are easily cracked, so he highly recommend purchasing a cover or a case to keep your MacBook in. Please make sure that you are cautious to not close anything inside of the MacBook and to keep liquids away from the computer.
- iPad Issues: If you have any concerns with your iPad (wifi, apps not working, etc) please email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can also send your student to the Media Center. If you are going to send your student, please make sure that you attach a note describing the problem and
- Speakers & Headphones: If your classroom speaker is not working, please contact Heather or Roel and we will be out to check on it. Many of our speakers are not working, so we will be recommending an alternative if we are not able to get it repaired. For headphones, we are looking at options for the students to use that will be durable and last through the year.
Week at a Glance
After-School Duty: 4th Grade
** Q1 Character Strengths: Emotional Self Control & Social Intelligence
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
- 8/24: Leads out for leadership training
- 8/25: Saturday school- 8th Grade