● We have a Growth Mindset ● We Keep all Staff & Every Student in Mind ● We Commit & Follow Through ●
- Shout Out to the Student Motivation Committee: Lori Martinez, Kristen Kirkpatrick, Veronica Bernazzani, Esther Granados, Stephanie Lopez, Lindsay Miller, Kaitlyn Zinskey, Cecilia Aguirre, James Wylie, Jenna Martin for Keeping Staff and Students in Mind and planning reading activities for all of our students during Read Across America Week!
Pic: (1) Parents who attended PIQE Financial Literacy classes received a certificate of completion (2) Read Across America Week
- GATE Testing (3rd-6th grade): If you believe you have students that may qualify for GATE, please send student names to Ms. Dennise Garcia, our psychologist byWednesday, March 7th. She will be testing students who have been referred by their teachers on Friday, March 9th.
- PIQE GRADUATION – Almost 70 parents are eligible to graduate from the Parent Institute of Quality Education (PIQE). The graduation ceremony will be on March 14th at 5:00 in the middle school area. If you are interested in attending, please let us know so that we can reserve a seat for you. I know our parents would appreciate you support.
- Imagine Learning – Students took a middle of the year assessment. You can view the report by logging onto IL and looking at their Language and Literacy report. On 4.1.18 the end-of-the-year testing window will open.
- Yearbook – Please remind parents that they can purchase yearbooks online at ybpay.lifetouch.com using code 12722418
- iPads: iPads should not leave the classroom for students in elementary school unless requested by RSP, this includes students working outside on the ramps with iPads. We have had a significant increase in broken and lost iPads, please help by remaindering your students.
- We have continued receiving a large number of devices with broken screens or damaged covers. When we return from break, we will all need to work together to go back over routines and procedures for using the iPads correctly. This means that our first week back from spring break will be spent without devices so that we can focus on routines and procedures for how to handle technology. We will follow up with more strategies and resources and giving more specific information as we get closer.
- Tutoring: If you are interested in tutoring after-school there is an opportunity to get paid! Please see the coaches for the form, you’ll need to fill it out and turn in regular attendance.
- Donors Choose: Last week, we had several emails with Donors Choose requests! A school wide project will be put up on the site this week using your requests. If you have other flexible seating supples you would like added, please send Heather a link!
- Instagram: You can now follow Feaster Charter on Instagram at @FeasterCharter and @Feasterathletics
- Twitter: On Tuesdays, Apple will host an educator twitter chat at 6:00 PM using #AppleEDUchat
Week at a Glance
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
- Parent Conferences
- 3.13.18 -3.15.18 ANNIE Play
- 3.14.18 PIQE Graduation 5:00