- Shout out to Ms. Cynthia and Coach Chris for demonstrating the core value of keeping all staff and every student in mind when developing the activities for Bully Awareness Month, the lessons and activities benefit ALL students. It was very thoughtful and respectful of teachers time to have everything organize and prepared, it really makes a difference, THANK YOU 🙂
- Shout out to Ms. Bates and Mr. Reggie for demonstrating commitment and follow through as they coach the girls basketball team! It is also great to see you out fundraising and raising money for the girls with Jamba Juice!
- Thank you to the Social Committee for having a growth mindset and coming up with a fun new idea to motivate teachers during the fall with the Boo Baskets! As I walk around campus I see that lots of rooms have been “Booed”
- Red Ribbon Week: Please help promote Red Ribbon Week by encouraging your students to participate in the planned Spirit Days, passing out the Red Ribbons and incorporating some discussion into your trust circles this week.
- Apple Distinguished School: Feaster Charter has been named an Apple Distinguished School! We will have a plaque and banner presented to us at the next Coffee with the Principal and we will have an iBook featuring our programs and students available in the iTunes Store. This recognition is being received thanks to the hard work you are all doing to make sure that we are using our iPad devices in innovative and effective ways for our learners.
- Accelerated Reader: If you are using the AR app in your classroom, some students have been experiencing issues with logging in. If that is the case, you can have the students go
to: https://hosted72.renlearn.com/268848/ and add the website to their home screen. If you need help doing this, please email Heather.
- P21 Webinar and Twitter Chat: If you are looking to grow your online Personal Learning Network (PLN), there will be a Twitter Chat using #P21Exemplar on 10/25 at 5:00pm. The Twitter Chat will focus on student voice. Feaster Charter was recognized last year as an Exemplar School for our work with STEM, VAPA, and STEAM. You are all invited to join this Twitter chat if you are interested!
- Donors Choose/Feaster Blog: Mrs. Walker is available to help anyone who is interested in funding a project for your classroom find the resources or set up a Donors Choose. Those interested in funding flexible seating, rugs, couches, bean bag chairs, etc. can email her and she will follow up with you to set up an account!
- Please remember to follow @FeasterCharter on Twitter and our blog at https://feastercharter.wordpress.com
Week at a Glance
- RSP/SPED Teachers After-School Duty
- Q2 Character Strengths: Curiosity & Self-Control (School Work)
|Team Up Against Drugs:
Wear a jersey!
|Show grade level spirit against drugs:
Middle: tye dye
|Peace, Not Drugs:
Wear tye dye
|Chase Your Dreams Not Drugs: Wear Pajamas!
PD: Committees: Committee A – 1:45- 2:25
Committee B – 2:30 – 3:10
Tech – Room 1101
Yearbook – Room 1203
Parent Involvement – Room 901
Student Motivation – Room 403
Social – Room 1403 PBC – Room 401 (B Committee)
AVID – Room 1401 (B Committee)
DI – Room 1003
|Friends Don’t Let Friends Do Drugs: Twin Day!!
First Grade Field Trip:
Wild Animal Park
Looking Ahead & Other Information:
• 10/31 Halloween! Literature Parade 9:00am, Trick or Treating sponsored by PTO 3:00-4:00.